Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Post Timberman.. What to do now...

It's been a little while since I finished my first half ironman. I was pretty happy with the results, as it was my first one. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should do one next year to try to beat my time. It is a hard decision. This is my first year biking a lot, and as I've mentioned before, it is what I really like to do. But I can't find the time to cycle as much as my friends if I'm training for all 3 events, and my friends are cycling 3 or 4 times a week. So, at the end of the season, they are averaging 21mph while I am struggling to hang on to 18mph. And so the biking isn't as fun, 'cause I know I'm holding them back when we ride, and I don't like that feeling. But their 21mph is slightly inflated, as my 18mph is. We are usually doing a paceline, where we take turns leading, and do a lot of drafting. So when I drop off the back of the group, I really am doing a ton of work all by myself, and miss out on the benefits of the peloton. So.. I don't know.. I've done 1300 miles of biking this year, which is 1250 miles more than last year. I'd like to up my average next year to something around the 19 - 20 range but I don't know how realistic that is if I can't find the time to ride more often. Guess we will see..

I do know that I'm running the 5k Flying Pig race with some family members next year, and hopefully doing the Warrior Dash. I'd also like to do a half marathon with a couple of my runner friends so I guess I will stay active!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did register for the Warrior Dash today. Check out warriordash.com. I signed up for the 11:30 wave. Come join me! :)