Monday, August 8, 2011

Getting the HP TouchPad on Tuesday

Yep, I finally decided on buying the TouchPad and it will come in on August 9th, 2011. I was a bit nervous when I purchased it yesterday, as I wasn't sure if I really "needed" it. I mean, I do own an iPhone and have 2 laptops within reach almost at all times. So I didn't know if it was wise to make this purchase. Also, as everyone knows, the TouchPad is coming into the tablet game kind of late, so chances are it won't really be as polished as some of the other tablets and they will have to work out some of the kinks as they go along. I know that HP has already released an update on the software that corrected a lot of the issues that customers have already complained about so it is great to see them quickly working on updating it and smoothing out the issues.

I looked more into the system after I purchased it and I'm getting really excited now. WebOS seems pretty awesome and the TouchPad does seem to integrate a lot of the social networks into the OS pretty well.

Also, I'm looking forward to working with WebOS. I've always have been interested in web technologies. I haven't been able to do as much with he web technologies as I'd like to but it certainly has always been an interest. So we will see how much extra time I can put into WebOS.

I will post my review of the TouchPad when I get it and can play around with it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A few other comments...

With the 7digital MP3 Music app, you can download music right from the app to the TouchPad so no complaints about not having iTunes on the device.

The stereo speakers have great sound. I have heard that the headphone jack doesn't give the greatest sound but have not tried this out yet and don't actually own headphones at this time so that review will have to wait.

I will say that the TouchPad has crashed a couple of times but not too many. I remember the iPhone crashing a bunch too in its early days so I'm not too concerned.