Monday, September 19, 2011

Committed to complete a full ironman...

After taking some time off, I decided to attempt a full ironman in 2013! I'm not sure where it will be yet but will decide that in the next year. I can't wait to get back into training mode. I have been running occasionally and biking somewhat, but not at the level that I did for the half ironman training.

I've swam three times this year and definitely lost what I had at the end of last year. At least my form was good but it was hard to get a lot of distance. I don't doubt that I will get up to the required 2.4 miles needed. I also have no doubt that I will get the 110 mike bike in (assuming I can beat the swim cutoff). My biggest fear is definitely the run. After the swim and bike I will need to run 26 miles! That scares me a lot right now! I do somewhat regret not running a half marathon this year but will make that a priority next year for sure.

Ideally I'd like to do a mass start and I believe most full ironmans are. It would be easier to finish the swim portion without it being a mass start (more time allowed to finish swim) but I think it would be awesome.

Well, here's to another year of training, but I'm sure the effort will be worth it! Can't wait! :)

No comments: