Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ironman Training..

I signed up for a half marathon March 17th (although I should be drinking and celebrating my Irish heritage). I'm running the 2013 Mercy Health Heart Mini. This will be my 3rd year doing this event, though I started with a 5k and then last year did a 15k. So i'm now progressing to a half marathon. I really (really!) wish that I just kept running all year.. i keep getting in shape and then lose it for a months.. and then I have to rebuild it back again. so.. i'm back up to 5 miles! i'm pretty excited, as I'm on pace to get up to 10 miles before the half marathon. Since the ironman is in September, I really should be ready to do a half ironman distance sometime in April. That is scary though, since for my half ironman, I trained from January until August.. And now.. pretty much training from January until April. Eek! So now I'm concentrating on the running, and getting my swim in as well (up to a half mile, with some stopping.. ok.. a lot of stopping).. but I feel pretty good about that.. I sadly haven't done much biking yet, but that is my strongest event so I'm hoping it comes back quickly... I'm still a bit "nervous" since my longest bike ride is like 60 miles, and of course, I need to get up to 112 miles.. but.. I'm making progress finally! Thanks for reading!

No comments: