Saturday, February 16, 2013

Update on training for Cincinnati's Heart Mini Half Marathon..

Felt great! After mile 4 I really thought I could put in the full 13 miles today! But then after 5.5 miles, reality hit me and I was ready to be done! ha. and it really wasn't that I was exhausted then.. Just... mentally was kinda done.. But I powered through.. Just trying to get ready for the half marathon on March 17th, and I'm making good progress on that! It was my first time using Heed in my bottle in a very long time, and I think that helped.. Also, it was the first time using my new run belt, so I actually ran more than normal, and didn't sneak in any stops for drinks.. So that helped my overall pace. I think I'm done with my experiment with compression underwear.. (i know you all want to know that!) But.. I don't really see the point, and everytime, they HURT! Not so much this time when I was running.. a little, but I powered through.. but then in the shower afterwards, once that water hit.. OUCH! I think the guys in the shower room must have been wondering what was happening!! Maybe I just need better ones? but.. really don't think I see the point.. Definitely can't see wearing these for long runs.. I'm fairly happy with the training. I haven't put too many miles in this past week, so I was a bit worried today. But it went well.. Not the fastest time, but I am improving.. I will be nervous though about the run in Cinci. I haven't trained on any hills. I've been running with the treadmill set at 0.5 incline.. But.. I guess I'll wing it.. :) My swim training has stalled though.. I will definitely hit the pool this week in prep for the ironman in Sept! Now.. if only I had time to bike.. ha..

No comments: