Thursday, July 4, 2013

Postponing my ironman attempt...

With sadness, I must admit that I am postponing my attempt at the ironman until next year. The back injury and my fear of re-injuring the back has set me back a lot, and I still feel like I could have put forth the effort to complete the ironman, but it would be close and next year will give me more time to train properly and ensure success. It was a hard decision.. I feel like I was really getting my training on, and had a plan laid out, but in the end, I would've had to add a lot of miles to my run quickly and it just made me too nervous about re-injuring the back, or other body parts. Rev3 does allow you one deferment, so I am using that and will compete next September. Now I need to stay motivated to continue to put on good miles in this off season.. Instead, I am concentrating on doing a full century ride in September. That will be my longest bike ride. My longest to date is 60 miles, so I'm excited to get this done. I still need to add some miles to my training but I'm confident that it will go well. Thanks!

No comments: