Thursday, October 3, 2013

Riding..

Earlier in September I completed my first century bike ride. It was a slow ride since I really didn't put in much training. The ride was in Findlay Ohio and was the Horizontal Hundred. This is a relatively flat ride that is known to be good for first timers. It actually had more hills than I anticipated but it was well organized and a good ride. The wind was really crazy the last 30 miles.. It felt good to complete it even though it wasn't really a "good" ride. It's been on my to do list for a number of years. My friend prompted me to do this with him, but then an injury kept him out of the actual race.

I also completed a 59 mile bike ride in Georgia at the end of September. It had 6k feet of climbing! It was crazy.. I again didn't train, and was passed by old ladies, crippled men and little people.. Ok. Just kidding.. But it was a slow, painful ride. I'm happy that I completed it. I would highly suggest training for this ride and the century ride too if you ever want to do these rides.

I did receive my code to register for the Full Rev 3 race next September. This was due to the deferment that I took this year. I'm looking forward to continuing my training for it..

No comments: