Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Getting closer to Ironman (distance)!

The Full Rev3 in Cedar Point is September 7th! That's 39 days away! And the past few weeks have been... um. good? ha.. I've been battling with some shoulder/arm pains.. This is my left shoulder.. I can't pinpoint it really.. I don't think it is a rotator injury.. but as I swim, the arm throbs.. and when I finish swimming (or try to take a break), it throbs even more.. So I've been trying to rest it.. trying to stretch it and use softballs.. tennis balls.. and the foam roller.. and.. Advil! So I finally hit the pool this morning after a lengthy break and did manage to swim a whole mile! (ok.. 40 laps in a 20 meter pool.. just a very few minor stops)! I was very happy with the results.. Took me about 55 minutes.. which I'm estatic about! As long as I can finish the swim within the 2:20 limit I'll be happy! My max's so far are: Swim: 1 mile Bike: 50 miles Run: 9 miles This might not sound too impressive really with 39 days left, but.. I have hope.. Not swimming tomorrow.. Maybe swim 1.2 miles or so on Friday.. Running 10 miles tomorrow (Thursday, 7/31/14) Hoping to bike 60 bikes and possibly run 3 or 4 miles on Saturday.. and then .. maybe running 13 miles next week. so.. I'm getting there!

No comments: