Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Injured... training slacking..

I have plans to run half marathon on March 17. For training, I'd like to get up to mile 10 by March 11th or 12th and then taper.. Training was looking good. On Feb 16th, I ran 7 miles and it felt pretty good. Around mile 4 I felt pretty strong but around mile 5.5 I was ready to be done. Not injured, but just.. kinda bored.. but I continued on until mile 7. But then the next day, my back started hurting around noon as I was headed to soccer. And then I played an injury plagued game that was probably unwise. Then... I remained injured since then. The back gets better each day and I'm close to running again, but.. clearly not quite on schedule for the run and then the full ironman later this year. I should be swimming more than I have though. I need to get back into that and possibly some other cross training..

No comments: